Friday, February 25, 2011

Pets

My family currently has four pets. My mom’s pet is a fluffy Persian cat, my pet is a mutt (an adorable puppy who literally landed at our doorstep), my brother’s pet is a pure bred Brittney Spaniel, and my sister’s pet is a tiny Chihuahua. My mom and sister’s pet has not recently gotten their picture taken but I definitely plan on getting on it soon (I can never get them to stay still!). My dog and my brother’s dog, Honey and Turbo, however, have both graciously allowed me to take their pictures.


There is a little story about Honey. My dog Honey had been a stray a little over a month ago. When she came to our doorstep it was a horribly cold and miserable day. She was wet, and from the sight of her protruding bones-starving. We didn’t think twice on saving her. We wrapped her tiny body in a blanket and my mom took her to the animal hospital. That day she received her shots, and a couple of days later she became a part of our family.

She was given to me since I didn’t have a pet and have been begging for one for ages. She’s playful and totally clumsy but I love it. She has a charm unlike any of our other pets and tends to want our attention all the time. Honey, though much tinier than Turbo, tends to wrestle with him a lot. I like to believe she looks up to him. She wants him to show her the ropes and for him to be around while she settles in.


I think she is completely beautiful and to adorable for words. I mean, look at her! Her spotted nose, her floppy ears, her big brown eyes (she looks like she is wearing black eye shadow but it’s completely natural), and her playful nature is all too much for me. I am completely guilty of spoiling her. If she was your new puppy wouldn’t you spoil her too?

No comments:

Post a Comment