Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Fools and the Lost Breakfast




I’m well aware that this holiday has passed yet let me have my moment to say, “April Fools”!  I didn’t lose my breakfast! I just made green eggs and pancakes for fun. Well, in reality I wanted to make rainbow pancakes with green eggs and ham but fate wouldn’t allow it that morning… Okay okay, you got me, I woke up late so I only had enough time to make green pancakes and eggs, bite me. But it worked out didn’t it?

First off let me state that I am by no means a five star chef, but I’ll try to tell you how I made it. First, let me point out that you can use whatever brand you like and as much pancake batter and eggs as you want. I used enough batter for twelve pancakes and I used four eggs.

Once I added the appropriate ingredients for my pancake mix, *cough cough* water *cough*, I added some green food dye. At first I only dipped about three toothpick ends worth of dye into the batter simply because of how concentrate the dye is. Then I realized that I wasn’t getting enough so I dipped the end of my butter knife in there two times to add to the color of my batter ( make sure that each time you dip something in the dye that the object is clean). I still think I should have added more dye because the pancakes didn’t end up as green as I would have liked but it was my first time so I guess it was alright.




Once I made my pancakes I moved onto my eggs. After I cracked my four eggs into a small bowl I added some green dye into there as well. I realized the eggs took better to the dye than the pancakes did so I was pretty pleased with this. Yet, I will admit, I kept forgetting what I was really making because of the color.





About halfway into the frying process of my lovely green eggs I realized I had to add my seasoning. If you want to do this it doesn’t really matter what you use I guess. At the end of the day it’s only eggs so you’re usual routine should work. The brown spots in the eggs is the seasoning salt that I used (I love that stuff!).

Once I was finished I moved onward and graciously put my green eggs and pancakes onto their plates and voila, a masterpiece was born! The color green is usually a sign to not eat anything within the bread or meat family but the meal tasted really yummy despite the strange look.


No comments:

Post a Comment